DIRECT ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS FROM OUR WEBSITE
HAVE 40% DISCOUNT INCLUDED
Situated just off the R328 (the road from Mosselbay to Oudtshoorn), on the Leeukloof/Kleinbrak road.
This magical 100 hectare mountain farm is guaranteed to take away all those inner city blues and delight the whole family, young and old.
Step out of your door and into a beautiful world of mountains, birds and horses, with fabulous carriage drives; riding;
hiking and mountain bike trails on the farm and in the area.
It is home to the biggest horses in South Africa.
Here everything is simple and children and adults can reconnect with horses and nature and enjoy the beauty and purity of the crystal days spent here. The foals are friendly, the great horses are friendly, the dogs and cats are friendly and the staff of Outeniqua Moon go out of their way to be friendly and helpful.
day visitors welcome
FEEL TOUCH EXPERIENCE
the magic of the heavy draft horses
rarer than rhinos- a bucket list experience
Outeniqua Moon Guest Farm is also home of the Heavy Draft Horse Foundation a conservation project to protect and save of the Heavy Draft Horses of a hundred years ago who are on the brink of extinction and are rarer than Rhinos. Just by visiting the farm you are contributing towards saving the heavy draft horses. Experience magical moments with these gentle giant horses and the wonderful hospitality of Outeniqua Moon Guest Farm.
TOURS OF THE HORSE PADDOCKS AND CARRIAGE RIDES (all proceeds to the Heavy Draft Horse Foundation)
Scenic Carriage Rides 10:00 AM OR 14:00 PM
Round the top of the farm and to the view point, the horse does three gallop sections with the carriage which is safe and exhilarating; however if you don’t want a fast ride we have a gorgeous fat, mare who is far more sedate. Duration of the ride is 40 minutes.
Tours of the Herd 10:00 AM OR 14:00 PM
We guide you around all the top horse paddocks and you get to see all the mares, young stock and geldings and you can get close up and personal with most of these delightful loving horses.
Our four stallions are stunning and you get to Sit on the biggest horse in SA – A huge stallion named Shadowfax who weighs 1250 kg's and is a gentle giant.
The tour includes foal petting if we have foals, which is a unique experience.
The tour ends with being able to sit on one of our gentle giant horses and being led around the garden the tour takes an hour and a half.
Rates Carriage ride R125pp
Paddock Tour R125pp
Combined carriage and paddock tour discounted by R50 - R200pp
On the Veranda
Teas/ Coffees & cakes
Spend the day, Swim, Picnic & Braai
In a serene garden with an aviary filled with doves and singing quails, a 25 metre long ozone (chlorine free) swimming pool with a kid's water slide, a trampoline and inviting picnic or braai (barbeque) facilities. And your children can delight in the children's playground
R50pp (for people doing the tour and carriage ride as well you only pay R30pp for the picnic and braai.)
Lovely unspoiled hiking trails on the farm with superb mountain scenery for the active and bird watchers at only
R30 pp. For people staying for a braai and picnic – R10pp to do the hiking trail.
Mountain biking R50 pp.
SELF-CATERING or fully-catered
Accredited by the Guest House Guild on the Garden Route and rated as Comfort/Luxury, which is the equivalent of 4 stars.
The farm-style colonial self-catering accommodation is spacious, serene and beautiful - even if you don’t leave your room you will have a holiday.
All the suites have separate entrances and private verandas. The living areas in all the suites include the lounge with a flat screen TV, DVD player and a dining area.
King-size and single beds are available in all the bedrooms and a four poster queen bed in the Honeymoon Suite.
The bathrooms all have showers and Victorian Slipper Baths.
Each kitchen is equipped with an oven with a two plate hob, a microwave, fridge, kettle, toaster and all the necessary kitchen utensils.
Each suite has a braai (barbeque) area with a braai grid and wood can be supplied on request We are child friendly with cots and high chairs available for babies.
While we are self-catering-only accommodation, we do provide a breakfast and a dinner menu available by prior arrangement.
Pets are also welcome by prior arrangement.
resident guest FACILITIES & services
All day visitors facilities are included and more.
Optional extras can be pre-booked in advance:
- Super breakfast - Starting at R 125 per person.
- Excellent evening Dinner - Offered from R 225 per person.
- Child Menu - A lower rate for children's meals starting at R 125 as determined by the requirements of each child.
- Laundry service - Wash = R 50 per load / Iron = R 50 per load
- Room cleaning - Optional daily room cleaning rate of R 225 per day.
- Baby-sitters are available - R250 per day.
- Extra Bed - At a rate of R 225 per day.
- Horse riding (experienced riders only) - 30 min = R 150 per person.
- Carriage ride = R 125 per person.
- Carriage driving lessons = R300 per hour
- Horse meditation FREE
ALL OUR RATES ARE VAT INCLUSIVE
Please note that children under the age of two, are free of charge. We will provide a cot free of charge to all children under 2. All our rates are per suite for Self Catering only.
ATTRACTIONS IN THE AREA
Hartenbos and Klein Brak Beaches are 15 minutes away. Mossel Bay Point is 20 minutes away.
- Shark Cage Diving, Fishing and Ocean Boat rides are on offer in Mossel Bay.
- Helicopter flips.
- Surrounded by Game Farms, with Elephant Rides and Game Drives 10 minutes away.
- Ostrich Farms are 30 minutes away and Cango Caves 45 minutes away.
- Other horse riding facilities, including beach rides.
- Mountain Bike and Hiking Trails.
- 4X4 Trails including the popular Attekwas Kloof Trail.
- Variety of restaurants.
Shopping at the Langeberg Mall in Mossel Bay.
Outeniqua Moon require a 50% deposit to secure your booking. The balance of your accommodation is payable on arrival. For same day arrivals or for a stay of 1 night or less, the full amount of the accommodation is due and payable immediately as a deposit to secure your booking. If for whatever reason, you cancel your booking with us the following moderate cancellation policy will apply.
- All cancellations must be in writing. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the guest cancels less than 28 days before the stay date : 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- If the guest cancels less than 14 days before the stay date : there will be no refund of the deposit.
- Cancellations for a confirmed December or January booking will not be reimbursed.
- For no show or non arrival, the guest can be charged the full amount of the accommodation.
- Admin charges of 10% will be levied on any amounts reimbursed.
There are no refunds for early departure. At management's discretion credit stay vouchers for alternative dates may be granted to guests subject to availability. Vouchers may need to be topped up by guests to account for future rate increases.